Happy end of 2020, thank goodness! It’s finally December and time to celebrate the new year with a face mask since we can’t go outside 😫
I’m so excited to share my new favorite DIY face mask. This mask is just wonderful for hydration! This mask also has great antioxidant qualities and also it’s antiseptic ability from Manuka honey.
Choosing a mask to make for your skin type can be a bit confusing, but this mask I’m sharing with you today is perfect for all skin types. The idea of just delving into the stash of goodies in the kitchen makes this budget-friendly hack feels like a day at the spa. So when you want to give your skin some TLC, but can’t bring yourself to leave the vicinity of your humble abode, and want to not worry about Covid, try this mask recipe that I’ve been hooked on. Get ready for a beautiful at-home glow money can’t buy, girl!
Here is the simple recipe (I’ll also let you know what can be substituted and what are the essential ingredients):
- First use a small mixing bowl and find a medium round makeup brush that has been cleaned.
- Start with 2 tablespoons of Manuka honey. I use Comvita Manuka Honey, it’s the highest quality Manuka honey I’ve found. I love it’s antiseptic quality for the little bit of “maskne” I have along my cheekbones where my mask rubs. It’s not bad but when I use this mask it seems to really go away by morning.
- Next, I add 1/4 teaspoon of each of these, cinnamon and turmeric. I use just regular ground turmeric and cinnamon.
- Next, I add 1/8 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- These following ingredients I use but if you don’t have them you can substitute, I’ll give some ideas for substitution.
- I use 2% hyaluronic acid my favorite by “The Ordinary” which I get on Amazon. This ingredient, hyaluronic acid is important for the hydration part of the recipe, so try to use something with hyaluronic acid in it. I use 3 droppers full. \
- Next, I add from “ The inkey list” polyglutamic acid. This enhances the moisture quality retention of hyaluronic acid. I also get this from Amazon. I add 3 droppers full of this also. You don’t have to use this if you don’t have it, you can increase the amount of your hyaluronic acid by 3 more droppers full.
- The last ingredient I add is by Corsx it’s called “Advanced Snail 96 mucin power essence.” I promise it’s great and no snails were harmed! Here is a little information about this product I love. And yes, got it on Amazon
- Snail For Repairing & Soothing & Moisturizing (no snails were harmed in making this moisturizer!) – Snail Mucin helps red, sensitive skin after breakouts by replenishing moisture. Snails are known for their abilities to recover themselves when injured. We have applied this regenerative effect of their filtrate in our product, allowing the skin to heal faster.
- If you don’t want to add this you can add 2 droppers of your favorite serum.
Next, mix all the ingredients together and paint this mixture on you face and neck. I let this stay on for about 30 minutes. When I remove the mask I’ll use a warm washcloth. If I want a little exfoliating I will add a teaspoon of just regular white sugar to my washcloth while I gently wash off the mask.
Well hope you love this mask! I know you will love your fresh glowing skin. Let me know what some of your special DIY facials are. Let me know how you liked mine!