The holidays are finally upon us, even though it’s been a very unique and difficult year for so many of us, and in so many ways, it’s time to celebrate and put 2020 in the rear view mirror. Bye bye, good riddance!
I think we are all looking forward to a very different 2021. I see so much hope on the horizon. So for gift giving this year, I’m wanting it to be a little different, meaningful, and with some comfort and helpful things. Today, I’m sharing my gift giving guide for this unique Holiday Season.
- Donations: I decided this year I was going to see what I could do to help others. I looked through my home and donated warm coats, sweaters, scarfs and gloves to our local homeless shelter. I also donated resources, blankets, towels to the local animal shelter. I think one of the best gifts are to give to organizations that mean a lot to someone in honor of them! Here are some organizations that I’ve donated to in the past: Laura’s House (click here), Laguna Beach Animal Shelter, Augie’s Quest Cure ALS & Awareness.
(Photo by Pink Sized Items, Pinterest)
- Self care items: I decided, since we are still needing to be at home and stay safe I would gift some fun self care items. I found this amazing ice roller and it is only $9.99 and I kept one for me! I use it in the morning after my shower and after applying my moisturizer. It’s so refreshing and gives you a beautiful healthy glow.
- A weighted blanket: I have been using mine for about a year and I can’t sleep without it now. It’s so comforting, like a light hug that stays with you even when you move around in your sleep. I bought some smaller sized ones for gifts. You can find them easily on amazon.com I bought some kid sized ones in the 6-7 pound range for couch comfort, just look for the right plain colors.
- A gift set for weekly facials: I bought the 24 pack collagen by dermal.com I purchased it on Amazon. The reason I chose this one is it’s a great price $13.99 and I’ve used this brand before and loved the results of all the varieties in the collection. They are collagen facials which makes the super moisturizing especially for this time of year. I also give the foot and hand mask which are also wonderful for this time of year.
(Photo by See Saw Style, Pinterest)
- Mala bead kits: Everyone can string beads. I thought it would be a unique gift to give Mala beads to turn into a necklace or bracelet. You can find them on Amazon. The two kits I bought and really liked were, sunnyclue.com this one you can make a bracelet and necklace. And eutenghao.com which has a wonderful assortment of beads which you can make a number of bracelets or necklaces.
- An air fryer cook book: I love my air fryer so much. I have tried everything in it. Air fried apples are amazing. My recipe consists of thinly sliced apples, I use a mandolin, seeds removed. I put them in a zip lock bag with a little melted butter, raw sugar and cinnamon. I shake it well and dump it in my air fryer for about 10 minutes on 400 checking them after 5 minutes. They are delicious! You can serve them with vanilla ice cream or whip cream. So I bought a couple of Jenson William Air Fryer cookbooks! It has lots of simple and healthy recipes that you won’t get bored of!
Please share your gift giving ideas with me, I love to hear your wonderful ideas for giving at this wonderful time of year!