Want to find some ways to smooth out your lips under that mask? Here are some DIY masks and products that you need in your life right now. Today on the blog, we are talking about how to get smoother lips for mature skin!
As I get older, I’ve been trying to find more natural ways to hydrate and smooth my lips. Since we are all wearing masks now, I’ve been taking steps to keep my skin soft under my mask, especially on and around my lips.
For example, I’ve been creating some lip masks and some awesome lip scrubs – generally, making masks gentle enough to use every day. I’ve also found some really great new products I’ve enjoyed while exploring beauty sites during quarantine, and I’m excited to share them with you on their effectiveness. So, let’s get into it –
First and foremost, remove dry and dead skin flakes on your lips. I’ve been doing a few different ways to remove the dry skin on my lips:
- Try a home made scrub: I put 1/2 teaspoons of organic coconut oil, a pinch of cinnamon and one tablespoon of sugar. Mix that all up and use a soft washcloth with a little of the mixture and scrub gently, rinse with cool water.
- Brown Sugar Lip Scrub: If you don’t want to DIY one yourself, you can use the Brown Sugar Lip Scrub by Ulta. It comes in a stick so you can easily hold it and apply it to your lips. You just give it a quick scrub and voila – you are ready to go !
- Try A Homemade Lip Mask: I mix up Carmex lip balm, a few drops of coconut oil and a few drops of hyaluronic acid and apply it to my lips with a little piece of Saran Wrap over my lips and leave it on for 10 minutes, if you like you can add a drop of orange oil or peppermint oil for a refreshing smell. I also like using the sunscreen that I use on my face on my lips. But when I reapply lip sunscreen I use Blistex Five Star SPF 30 – I like this lip balm because it doesn’t contain camphor or menthol which can be drying.
I’ve also been obsessed with lip oil￼s. I have two that I really like that also give me hydration, isn’t sticky and makes your lips look great (yes, even under a mask).
- Ruby Kisses Hydrating Lip Oil Clear – I got this on Amazon and I really enjoy this lightly fragranced lip oil. And it’s only $5.99 for 3 tubes.
- I Dew Care Tinted Lip Oil – If you want an easy glow, this is the one to use. It’s such a natural tint and super hydrating with vitamin C. I also use I Dew Care Plush Party buttery lip mask with vitamin C every night. I wake up with soft lips and this lip mask is not at all sticky.
Overall, it’s important to keep your lips hydrated while also wearing a mask because chapped lips can be a challenge of its own. What type of lip regimen do you use? Let me know in the comments below!